Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

An Early Surprise!

Imagine my surprise when I checked my email this morning and saw that my Article 5 was picked up today! I didn't expect this until next Tuesday so quite a nice surprise to see. So now the wait for Travel Approval begins. Some have received it in a few days and one of my fellow adoptive mom that lives just up the road from me waited an excrutiating 22 days! My hope is that I receive TA in the next couple of weeks. That would allow for our Consulate Appointment to be made and then I can book travel. Since we will not travel until 1st week of August, I am hoping to be able to get seats together and maybe slightly lower prices on airfare since we are not buying tickets last minute.

Our summer is already flying by and we stilll have so much to do before school starts and we travel to China. Bobby has Extended School Year services on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for an hour a day and we also have several dr appointments and MDA events. Today on the way to a dr appointment we stopped at Dunkin Donuts so Bobby could pick out a donut. When we got in the van Bobby said "I don't know if David will like donuts, but I will help him pick one out!" He is talking more about David and what he will help him learn when he gets here. Bobby is very excited to get his brother home.
Bobby and I saw Jurassic World on Monday and enjoyed the movie. In the movie, the boys are visiting the Jurassic World Park without their parents as they were invited to go by their aunt who works there. At the end of the movie when the parents came in and hugged the boys, Bobby started squirming and crying (well trying not to cry) he looked at me and said "Nothing, I don't want to talk about it." I know he is attached and bonded with me, but he still struggles with not having had a family before and really grasping that he has his own family now and that we are his forever. It breaks my heart and I am sure that some of those struggles will rear their ugly head while we are in China. He is so excited to go back, but nervous at the same time and understandably so. We will face the good and bad together.

This boy lights up my life!

And I am sure this one will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment